The general vibe
- Keeping your information private and secure is very important to us.
- We will never spam you.
- We won't disclose your personal information to anyone without your permission.
- We collect anonymous information about how you use dapShare to help us improve dapShare. Google Analytics (a third party) analyses this for us.
Your privacy is important to us
To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. We include a link to this policy at the bottom of every page, and whenever we are collecting information from you.
Personal Data We Collect
We store your first and last name, email address, and personal settings. We can also optionally store your bank account details, Facebook ID (a publicly available unique number associated with your Facebook account) and your Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo contacts' names and email addresses.
If a password is used to protect your account and personal information, it is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
We use return email addresses to answer the email we receive. Such addresses are not used for any other purpose and are not shared with outside parties.
No information regarding your personal information will be shared with 3rd parties.
What We Do with your Personal Data
We use this information to: dapShare collects and uses your personal information (as well as non-personal information) to:
- create and manage your account;
- create and manage your groups;
- provide customer service;
- help you find the friends you want to share with;
- provide your bank details to friends so they can pay you back easily;
- provide you with site news, or other communications which you have signed up for or otherwise agreed to receive (you can opt out of receiving this information on the "Settings > Notifications" page;
- send account-, debt- or transaction-related communications such as welcome letters, transaction confirmations or debt reminders (you can opt out of receiving this information on the "Settings > Notifications" page;
- send important transactional or account communications (e.g., confirmation emails) and other communications which are required or permitted by applicable law (you may continue to receive these even if you have 'opted out' of all notifications).
We never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
Anonymous Data We Collect
We use non-identifying and aggregate information to track usage and traffic patterns so that we can better design our website. When you visit this Site, certain kinds of non-personal information, such as your IP address, any website that referred you to us, your browser type and language, and access times, may be collected automatically as part of the Site’s operation. We also may collect navigational information, including information about the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with the Site.
This information is used by a 3rd party (Google Analytics) to provide us with statistics about site usage. Google Analytics only has access to fully anonymous data and does not share this data with any other 3rd parties.
Use of the Site may result in the placement of “cookies” on our computer to enable you to sign in to our Site and to help us personalize your online experience and present content that may be of interest to you.
Accessing, Changing and Deleting Your Personal Information
If you would like to review or revise information that you previously provided to us, you may access and change your personal information in the "Settings" tab and other applicable sections of the Site.
You can delete your account at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with an explicit request to do so.
You can obtain a soft copy of your dapShare-related data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with an explicit request for this information.
The Information We DONT Collect
- Credit/Debit Card Information
- Online banking login details
Our Commitment To Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please don't hesitate to contact us